Next-Leveling: Carillon Miami Wellness Resort Adds New Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Division
Do surfside downward-dogging and guzzling green juices go hand-in-hand with a syringe-full of Sculptra? Ab-so-lute-ly, says Florida beauty powerhouse Carillon Miami Wellness Resort. To support this multi-dimensional approach to living your best life (and looking fantastic while doing so), Carillon just announced the appointment of James Stern, MD / FACS as Medical Director and head of an entirely new cosmetic plastic surgery division.
Highly credentialed and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Stern currently heads the Department of Plastic Surgery at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Florida. He’s past president of the Broward County Society of Plastic Surgery, and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners.
And here’s what the handsome chap looks like, should you be curious:
So what, exactly, will the doc be overseeing at Carillon?
1. Non-Invasive Injectables for facial wrinkle correction: Options for this include Botox, Dysport and a brand new injectable called Jeuveau, which was recently approved by the FDA. Apart from a one-time treatment with “Micro-Tox,” a super-diluted form of Botox that probably doesn’t even exist anymore, I’ve never really gone the injectables route. But given my age and all the hours logged on the tennis court, I should probably seriously re-consider my “No Needles” stance.
2. Dermal Fillers for plumping and volume: Lots to choose from here…Radiesse, Restylane, Juvéderm, Voluma, Versa and the afore-mentioned Sculptra. Again, I use none of these clock-stoppers, and again, I’m insane not to do so.
3. Chemical Peels for deep exfoliation and peeling away aged and damaged skin. Huuuuge fan of peels. I have no idea why they seem so much less scary than needles, but they just do. I predict this service will be a huge seller at Carillon. You heard it here first.
4. Kybella for the removal of unwanted fat under the chin. Um, let’s just say I saw a few recent pictures of myself and was * not * happy about what was going on in this area. Could Kybella make it right?
5. Sclerotherapy for spider veins. Do it! Book it now! I’ve had laser treatments and sclerotherapy for spider vein removal, and there is zero question that sclerotherapy is more effective. I mean, like ZERO. QUESTION.
6. Consultations for invasive procedures. Think face lifts, implants, body contouring. You know, procedures that just might involve a scalpel.
And on that extremely next-level note, I’m wrapping up this blog post. xoxo